Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Ok, so I'm a few minutes late for it to be the fourth, but you get the idea, right?

It's days like today that really make you appreciate the little things in life. Our big plan was to set up the slip 'n slide for it's inaugural run. I forgot what a kid magnet those things are! Soon Benji was joined by a half dozen or so neighborhood kids sliding, splashing, and laughing together. Some of the parents invited us to join their bar-b-que, and we spent an incredibly enjoyable day eating, talking, and just hanging out with good people.

I think Noah enjoyed the chocolate fudge he sampled the most, while Archie was more than happy with all the "dropped" burgers and hot dogs. Meanwhile Benji definitely enjoyed hanging out with all the little girls (it starts so young)! I was just thrilled that Robin enjoyed a beer that she couldn't see through :)

So I just wanted to remind everyone to take the time to enjoy the simple things in life. You never know what's around the corner, so be sure to live for the moment and don't let it slip by.

Lord, I must be tired, I sound like a Hallmark card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment